Focused On Achieving Results For You

A Child Custody Or Support Decision Does Not Have To Be Final

Sometimes, the child custody arrangement you negotiated with your former spouse no longer works. Maybe you lost a job, got a new one requiring long hours, or even remarried. With any changes in your life or your financial situation, you may be eligible for a modification of your child custody or child support orders.

At The Roach Law Firm, our attorneys have been helping families in the Lake Charles, Louisiana, area since 1959. We understand how complex custody and support cases are, to begin with, and how stressful a modification can be, especially if you can’t agree with the other parent. When you work with us, you are getting experienced help with a compassionate approach.

When Your Circumstances Change, We Are Here To Help

Child support is calculated based on both parent’s income and expenses and obligations at the time of the divorce. However, income can change throughout a child’s life. From changes in marital status to losing a job, there are times when it may be challenging to maintain your current child support payment arrangement.

To change a custody or support agreement, a petition must be filed with the court showing a change in circumstances or income that makes the modification necessary. To modify a child custody agreement, you can either develop a new agreement with the other parent or attend a court hearing to have the agreement approved by a judge.

Our attorneys can help you negotiate a new plan or represent you in court. With experience in litigation and mediation, you can rely on us to help you find a better solution.

Helping You Find Solutions That Benefit Your Family

We understand how sensitive these issues are. You want what is best for your children; we can help you. When you need supportive guidance through your modification case, you can count on us to stand by your side. Contact us today to schedule a consultation at 866-613-5458 or complete an online contact form to get in touch.